Monday, May 6, 2013

Relevance.

I wrote a mammoth, TL;DR post about how I got fired back in March, but it doesn't seem relevant anymore. All that seems relevant now is that I'm the happiest I've been in many, many years, doing what I love. Doing what I'm good at, seemingly. Money seems less relevant, "stuff" seems less relevant. All that matters is that now, I finally have time. I can take my daughter to school and pick her up every afternoon. I can flirt with my fiancee at 11am on a Tuesday morning. I can work on projects ahead of time, and then spend my extra minutes planting flowers and vegetables in the sun, during the day. I can start working the minute I wake up so that I'm finished by 2pm in the afternoon. I can take a yoga class whenever I want. I can do my homework anytime I want. Days are so much longer now. Nights can last a lifetime now. THIS is how we should live. THIS is how I should've always lived.

My only regret is that it took me until nearly the age of 40 to realize that this is how life should work. But no matter; I'm here now. Won't you join me someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment